Please find below a roundup of this week’s recent news articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
Our top speakers shaping current discourse and featured in the news.
News Media Spotlight
- Current Topic: ASIAN AMERICAN EXPERIENCE
Vulture interviews Cathy Park Hong on how she became liberal America’s go-to Asian thinker.
- Current Topic: PROTESTS IN IRAN
Marjane Satrapi shares her thoughts on the current situation in Iran with Amanpour and Company.
- Current Topic: FAMILY IN LITERATURE
Namwali Serpell chats with NPR about her new novel THE FURROWS and about how the death of a boy fractures a family.
- Current Topic: DEATH PENALTY
Sister Helen Prejean speaks with The Depaulia about her work as an anti-death penalty activist and about her feeling of being honored with the St. Vincent de Paul award by DePaul University.
PLANNING AHEAD: Programming Ideas
Books for the Current Moment
- MAD HONEY: Jennifer Finney Boylan explores the secrets we keep and the risks we take in order to become ourselves in this riveting novel of suspense.
- THE BOOK ON BOUNDARIES: Melissa Urban provides a powerful and practical guide to setting boundaries, prioritizing your needs, and revolutionizing your relationships.
- SIGNAL FIRES: DANI SHAPIRO returns with a riveting, deeply felt novel that examines the ties that bind families together and the secrets that can break them apart.
- THE PERSUADERS: Anand Giridharadas provides an insider account of people working to change minds, bridge divisions, and fight for democracy.