Please find below a roundup of this week’s free, public virtual events, as well as recent articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
Virtual Events with Our Speakers
Tune in to these virtual Penguin Random House speakers’ book events, author Q&As and more that are happening this week.
These publicity events are free and open to the public.
Monday, April 12
Tuesday, April 13
- Patrick Radden Keefe launches his latest book with Bookmarks (7:00PM EST)
- Fredrik Logevall speaks at The Gertrude Polk Brown Lecture Series (7:00PM EST)
Wednesday, April 14
Thursday, April 15
- C Pam Zhang celebrates the paperback launch of HOW MUCH OF THESE HILLS IS GOLD with Loyalty Book Stores (8:00PM EST)
Friday, April 16
Check out #BooksConnectUsLive for more live virtual events.
News and Media from PRHSB Speakers
Our speakers provide clarity and shrewd analysis of today’s issues to help make sense of our current and future political landscape.
- Alex Wagner On Gaetz Ally Joel Greenberg: ‘Henchmen Don’t Always Stay Henchmen’ | MSNBC: Alex Wagner talks about Joel Greenberg pleading guilty to an array of federal charges.
- Carl Hiaasen on Gaetzgate | CNN: Carl Hiaasen, who has written about Florida’s scandals for over three decades, talks about Matt Gaetz.
- Intelligence forecast sees a post-coronavirus world upended by climate change and splintering societies | The Washington Post: Shane Harris imagines a divided world facing multiple crises even post-pandemic.
- I was a teenage gun owner, then an ER doctor. Assault-style weapons make me sick. | The Washington Post: Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal talks about her experiences with guns.
These articles from our speakers highlight practical advice and news about the current pandemic.
- US won’t use vaccine passports: Infectious disease expert | Fox Business News: Dr. Matt McCarthy weighs in on coronavirus cases in America and Europe and the idea of vaccine passports.
- Speed Vaccination, Some Call for Delaying Second Shots | The New York Times: Carl Zimmer worries that stretching the time between the first and second doses could lead to new variants.
- Stop Freaking Out: You Probably Already Have Some Type Of Vaccine Passport | Buzzfeed News: Howard Markel, M.D. speaks on the idea of vaccine passport.
- How to Have a Conversation Again | The New Yorker: Adam Davidson talks about returning back to normalcy.
- Irvine doctor back home with family, after moving out for a year to keep everyone safe | Los Angeles Times: Steve Lopez interviews a doctor who moved out at the beginning of the pandemic.
Books Connect Us
With their imaginative, impactful pieces of literature, our speakers provide incredibly valuable perspectives to be read by all.
- For Him, the Delight Is in the Digging | The New York Times: Patrick Radden Keefe takes on the Sackler family and the opioid crisis.
- An Exclusive First Look At Lauren Groff’s Matrix | Elle: Lauren Groff returns with her first novel since 2015.
- Kwame Onwuachi on His Journey to Becoming a Chef and Bringing Black Food Into Fine Dining | The Ringer: Kwame Onwuachi speaks about his path to becoming a chef.
- Elizabeth Strout Reveals the Cover for Her New Novel Oh William! | Oprah Daily: Elizabeth Strout has a new book coming this fall.
- Paula McLain Wrote a Thriller — and This Time, It’s Personal | The New York Times: In Paula McLain’s first suspense novel, she faces her own demons.