Please find below a roundup of this week’s recent articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
In the News
Our speakers provide clarity and shrewd analysis of today’s issues to help make sense of our current and future political and societal landscape.
- Psychiatrist Thomas Insel Looks for a Cure to America’s Mental Health Crisis | The Washington Post: Dr. Thomas Insel, the former director of the National Institute for Mental Health, believes that treating mental illness is about finding connection.
- Journalist Lawrence Wright details America’s faults, failures, and opportunities in the pandemic era | The Hub: Lawrence Wright talks about America’s response to the pandemic, the many societal fissures the pandemic revealed and exacerbated, and the looming great power competition with China.
- How the Sacklers Got Away With It | The New York Times: Patrick Radden Keefe discusses how the family that helped create an overdose crisis that’s killed hundreds of thousands of Americans has escaped accountability.
- Polio, Chickenpox, Measles … Covid-19? The Case for Vaccine Mandates in Schools. | The New York Times: Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal advocates for requiring children to get vaccinated.
- The real issue for Meta is that young people want the functionality of TikTok, says Roger McNamee | CNBC: Roger McNamee discusses Meta’s quarterly earnings results, competition with Facebook’s users and how data privacy could affect the company’s bottom line.
Books Connect Us
With their imaginative, impactful pieces of literature, our speakers provide incredibly valuable perspectives to be read by all.
- Author Shaka Senghor Talks Lessons Learned After 19 Year Prison Sentence, New Book Written For His Sons | CBS: Shaka Senghor helps guide the younger generation of kids around the country find paths in life that were different from his.
- The 10 Most Anticipated Cookbooks of 2022 | TIME: Kwame Onwuachi’s cookbook is coming out in May.
- 40 Black Writers Whose Work Changed The World | Buzzfeed: Brit Bennett is on this impressive list of Black screenwriters, poets, authors, and songwriters.
- Declutter Your Brain by Decluttering Your Calendar | Entreprenuer: Laura Vanderkam provides tips and tricks to spend time better.
- Books You Should Know About: Daisy Jones & The Six | Our Culture: Taylor Jenkins Reid’s DAISY JONES & THE SIX is a must-read!