Please find below a roundup of this week’s free, public virtual events, as well as recent articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
In the News
Our speakers provide clarity and shrewd analysis of today’s issues to help make sense of our current and future political and societal landscape.
- “Remote Work Isn’t a Perk to Toss into the Mix” | Harvard Business Review: Anne Helen Petersen and Charlie Warzel speak on what companies have gotten right, the mismatch between employee and employer sentiment about remote work, and how technology has been used and misused over the past year and a half.
- Remaking Gathering: Entering the Mess, Crossing the Thresholds | On Being with Krista Tippett: Priya Parker has become the voice of what it means to gather in this world we inhabit now.
- Once approved, should vaccines for kids be mandated? | Fox Business: Dr. Matt McCarthy weighs in on the debate surrounding the COVID vaccine, especially when it comes to children.
- When the Doctor Has to Make the Toughest Decision | Slate: Dr. Sheri Fink explains what rationing health care during COVID really means.
- The Bill For His COVID Test In Texas Was A Whopping $54,000 | NPR: Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal speaks on how much an insurance company should pay for COVID tests.
Books Connect Us
With their imaginative, impactful pieces of literature, our speakers provide incredibly valuable perspectives to be read by all.
- MacArthur names record number of Black ‘genius grant’ winners | NBC News: Dr. Ibram X. Kendi is among this year’s 25 recipients.
- Colson Whitehead has found a new way of doing things | CNN: Colson Whitehead talks about HARLEM SHUFFLE, the sequel in the works, and the emotional impact of writing.
- Michele Harper | Tell Me with Ellen Pompeo: Dr. Michele Harper speaks on her memoir and her perspective on the cracks in the healthcare system.
- Children’s Books: R.J. Palacio’s Pony Review | Wall Street Journal: R. J. Palacio’s PONY is a beautiful, funny, heart-twisting wonder of a book.
- Oliver Jeffers’s latest book is a twist on the classic ghost story | Creative Review: Oliver Jeffers’s latest picture book tells the tale of a little girl who lives in a haunted house but has never seen a ghost.