Please find below a roundup of this week’s recent news articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
News Media Spotlight
In the News
Our speakers provide clarity and shrewd analysis of today’s issues to help make sense of our current and future political and societal landscape.
- Delaware Senate approves paid leave bill | Delaware Business Times: Sarah McBride’s sponsored bill will create a state-run paid family and medical leave social insurance program.
- Could Finding Your ‘Unicorn Space’ Be the Burnout Solution You’ve Been Dreaming Of? | Well + Good: Eve Rodsky explains how finding the ‘unicorn space’ can prevent burnout.
- The Experts Were Wrong About the Ukraine War. So…What do the Experts Think Now? | Deep State Radio: Rosa Brooks speaks on the current state of the conflict and what to expect in the coming days.
- New ‘Deltacron’ Variant Is Rare and Similar to Omicron, Experts Say | The New York Times: Carl Zimmer reports on the handful of cases of a new, hybrid variant in Europe.
- What We’ve Learned After Two Years of the Pandemic | KHN: Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal discusses how society grappled with the trauma of the pandemic.
- Inflation or “corporate greed”? Meat prices increased by double digits during pandemic | CBS News: Jayson Lusk speaks on how meat companies are facing rising costs for production.
Books Connect Us
With their imaginative, impactful pieces of literature, our speakers provide incredibly valuable perspectives to be read by all.
- 2022 Aspen Words Longlist | Locus Magazine: Omar El Akkad’s WHAT STRANGE PARADISE is on the longlist.
- Lapvona | Publishers Weekly: Ottessa Moshegh’s latest novel will be out in June.
- 10 Essential Authors to Celebrate During Women’s History Month | Shondaland: Kali Fajardo-Anstine’s WOMAN OF LIGHT is a must-read.
- Olivia Gatwood Reads Edna St. Vincent Millay’s “Sonnet IV” | Literacy Hub: Olivia Gatwood takes part in Poetry in America.
- How Karen Joy Fowler’s Grandfather Lied His Way Into a Who’s Who | The New York Times: The New York Times interviews Karen Joy Fowler.