Please find below a roundup of this week’s recent news articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
Our top speakers shaping current discourse and featured in the news.
News Media Spotlight
- Current Topic: MENTAL HEALTH
On the Erza Klein Show, Dr. Thomas Insel discusses how mental illness is a medical problem that requires social solutions.
- Current Topic: JOURNALISM
Patrick Radden Keefe talks with ProPublica about his craft, cracking cold cases, and his aversion to cinematic journalism.
- Current Topic: TECHNOLOGY
Speaking with Yahoo!, Roger McNamee expresses his concerns about the Meta COO’s resignation.
- Current Topic: BLACK JOY
Kwame Onwuachi talks about how he expresses himself and honors his multicultural culinary heritage through cooking in his interview with PBS.
PLANNING AHEAD: Programming Ideas
- Looking ahead to Latinx / Hispanic Heritage Month
- Reading Together: Library Programs for Parents and Children
- Powerful Personal Stories from Exciting New Memoirists
Books for the Current Moment
- LIGHT WE GIVE: Dr. Simran Jeet Singh teaches everyone how to integrate ethical living to achieve personal happiness and a happier life.
- OUR UNFINISHED MARCH: Eric Holder provides a playbook for how we can save our democracy.
- WINNER TAKES ALL: Anand Giridharadas argues how the problem in wealth disparity is masquerading as a solution.
- TAKE MY HAND: Inspired by true events, Dolen Perkins-Valdez writes a story about a nurse trying to help women shape their destinies, to make their own choices for their lives and bodies.