Please find below a roundup of this week’s recent news articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
Our top speakers shaping current discourse and featured in the news.
News Media Spotlight
- Current Topic: Pandemic
Ed Yong discusses the astounding realms of animal sense and the urgent lessons of COVID and climate change with Oprah Daily.
- Current Topic: SPACE
Mike Massimino joins Good Morning America to explain what the first full-color images from NASA’s space telescope mean.
- Current Topic: FAMILY HISTORY
Ingrid Rojas Contreras speaks with KQED about how her memoir tackles her and Colombian society’s complicated relationship with memory.
- Current Topic: ART & LITERATURE
In her interview with Monocle, Ruth Ozeki talks about THE BOOK OF FORM AND EMPTINESS, a story of a grieving teenager who finds solace in reading.
PLANNING AHEAD: Programming Ideas
- Looking ahead to Latinx / Hispanic Heritage Month
- Reading Together: Library Programs for Parents and Children
- Program with Impact: Popular Speakers for Colleges and Universities
Books for the Current Moment
- LIGHT WE GIVE: Dr. Simran Jeet Singh teaches everyone how to integrate ethical living to achieve personal happiness and a happier life.
- WALKING GENTRY HOME: Alora Young celebrates Black girlhood and womanhood throughout American history in her extraordinary memoir.
- WARRIOR WITHIN: D.J. Vanas applies the principles of the warrior spirit to transform how you show up both for yourself and those around you.
- RADICAL CURIOUSITY: Seth Goldenberg presents a bold manifesto arguing that the most complex challenges are solved by the power of human inquiry.