Please find below a roundup of this week’s recent news articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
News Media Spotlight
In the News
Our speakers provide clarity and shrewd analysis of today’s issues to help make sense of our current and future political and societal landscape.
- Anand Giridharadas: Workers are “waking up” in support of Unions after years of being “ground down” | MSNBC: Anand Giridharadas says public support for unions is at New Deal levels.
- Rep. Byron Donalds: Critical Race Theory Has ‘Subjective Viewpoints’ | The Circus: Alex Wagner meets with Florida Congressman Byron Donalds to discuss where he stands on the “Stop Woke Act” and his viewpoint on Critical Race Theory.
- Top Chef Kwame Onwuachi says his favorite easy dinner is microwave popcorn: ‘It’s cheap and it’s good for the environment.’ | Yahoo! Life: Kwame Onwuachi is bringing attention to underrepresented demographics in the world of celebrity chefs and restaurateurs.
- Zelensky says Russia has launched offensive in eastern Ukraine | The Washington Post: Shane Harris continues to monitor the situation in Ukraine.
- Is my drug copay coupon a form of charity — or a bribe? | Waco Tribune-Herald: Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal explains how the copayment assistance works.
Books Connect Us
With their imaginative, impactful pieces of literature, our speakers provide incredibly valuable perspectives to be read by all.
- Lauren Groff has won the 2022 Joyce Carol Oates Prize | Literary Hub: Lauren Groff has been awarded the 2022 Joyce Carol Oates Prize.
- Sea of Tranquility Review: Enfolded in Emily St. John Mandel’s Design | Wall Street Journal: Emily St. John Mandel creates a cast of characters past and future confront a reality twisted in a mysterious pattern.
- Ocean Vuong on His New Poetry Book, Time Is a Mother | The Cut: Ocean Vuong speaks on his new book.
- Before Seabiscuit: PW Talks with Geraldine Brooks | Publishers Weekly: Geraldine Brooks draws on the true story of a 19th-century racehorse.
- With The Candy House, Pulitzer winner Jennifer Egan makes her case for the novel | Vox: Jennifer Egan’s ambitious, kaleidoscopic follow-up to A Visit From the Goon Squad sticks the landing.