Please find below a roundup of this week’s recent news articles, media, and essays from PRH Speakers Bureau speakers.
News Media Spotlight
In the News
Our speakers provide clarity and shrewd analysis of today’s issues to help make sense of our current and future political and societal landscape.
- Oleksandra Ustinova: Putin Will Never Annex Ukraine | The Circus: Alex Wagner discusses the war in Ukraine, Biden’s response, and Zelensky’s request for the United States to implement a “No Fly Zone” with Ukrainian Parliament member, Oleksandra Ustinova.
- Alisyn Camerota | One-on-One: Alisyn Camerota talks about the role of the media in democracy, the tone and tenor of Trump’s final year of presidency, and President Biden’s leadership in the media.
- ‘He Goes Where the Fire Is’: A Virus Hunter in the Wuhan Market | The New York Times: Carl Zimmer interviews wildlife biologist Edward Holmes about the origins of the coronavirus.
- Reckoning with America’s Identity Crisis | New Economic Thinking: Anand Giridharadas speaks on the current political landscape.
- Benjamin Franklin: A Film By Ken Burns | PBS: Ken Burns’s four-hour documentary explores the revolutionary life of one of the 18th century’s most consequential figures.
Books Connect Us
With their imaginative, impactful pieces of literature, our speakers provide incredibly valuable perspectives to be read by all.
- The Literary Acrobatics of Jennifer Egan | Vogue: Jennifer Egan talks about her upcoming book, CANDY HOUSE.
- Battle of the bookworms: Authors compete in literary trivia | Today: Jean Kwok competes in literary-themed trivia game.
- Lee Child: “I never believed in writer’s block” | New Statesman: Lee Child discusses about his writing process.
- 10 Years Ago, Cheryl Strayed’s Wild Changed the Outdoors Forever | Outside: Cheryl Strayed’s classic memoir of hiking the Pacific Crest Trail is the March pick for Outside Magazine!
- Exclusive Cover Reveal: Namwali Serpell’s The Furrows | Oprah Daily: Namwali Serpell’s THE FURROWS is a brilliantly inventive novel about loss and belonging.